Sunday, January 25, 2009

"No He Can't"

Anne Wortham, a self-described "individualist liberal who happens to be black," says she cannot join the celebration of the election of Barack Obama. To do so, she says:

"I would have to believe that "fairness" is equivalent of justice. I would have to believe that man who asks me to "go forward in a new spirit of service, in a new service of sacrifice" is speaking in my interest. I would have to accept the premise of a man that economic prosperity comes from the "bottom up," and who arrogantly believes that he can will it into existence by the use of government force. I would have to admire a man who thinks the standard of living of the masses can be improved by destroying the most productive and the generators of wealth."

Read the rest of "No He Can't" here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on the mark! Extending a hand to help pull folks up has been proven to work. Forcing that hand to reach out even to the detriment of those above rarely does anything but reduce the willingness of those who can help to a standby mode as opposed to seeing their efforts squandered.