Monday, March 31, 2008

April 2008 Meeting

The next Bastiat Society monthly meeting will be Wednesday, April 2nd. Our distinguished speaker for the evening will be Radley Balko, senior editor at Reason magazine.

Location: 175 King Street, Charleston SC

Time: 5 pm reception , 6 pm speaker

RSVP: Megan Rock

About our Speaker (in his own words):

I'm a 32-year-old writer and editor living in Alexandria, VA - just outside Washington, D.C. I live with my wonderful girlfriend and our dogs, a Sharpei/Lab mix named "Harper" (after Harper Lee) and a bulldog-terrier mix named "Isabel" (after Isabel Paterson).

I'm a former policy analyst with the Cato Institute, now a senior editor for Reason magazine. I'm also a biweekly columnist with FoxNews.com. I've been published in lots of places, from Playboy to the Wall Street Journal, and have done lots of TV and radio interviews. My work has also been cited in a Supreme Court opinion, helped get a guy off death row, and I've testified before Congress a few times.

I'm originally from Greenfield, Indiana. I attended Indiana University and graduated in 1997 with a BA in journalism and political science.

I'm a "small-l" libertarian.

I like to write. I'm a music buff, a sports nut and a political junkie.

One day, I'll teach one of my dogs to retrieve a beer from the refrigerator on command.

No comments: